How has EGIS prepared for COVID-19 pandemic?
Kevin Koval, owner of EGIS, and his leadership team have been following the NM Department of Health to implement our practices and stay on top of current protocols. Management is proactive and keeps up with all important updates through NM Department of Health and NM Governor’s Office.
We are dedicated to focusing on the highest levels of safe service and methodical care for EGIS clients, caregivers, and staff.
What safety measures does EGIS have in place to prevent spread of Covid-19 to clients, caregivers, care managers and leadership staff?
- Caregivers are mandated to test for Covid-19 monthly or when needed/send results to Management Office
- Caregivers are mandated to wear KN95 Mask/Cloth Face covering at all times except for eating/drinking
- Caregivers are required to wash their hands often
- Caregivers are required to cover coughs and sneezes
- Caregivers are required to wear gloves when needed
- Caregivers are encouraged to stay home except for essential purposes and/or to seek healthcare for themselves/clients
- Caregivers are required to social distance 6 ft or more whenever possible
- If a Caregiver/Family Member/Friend test positive, he or she is mandated to quarantine 14-Days or re-evaluation of his or her condition
- EGIS has requested Caregivers to limit contact with other people as much as possible because Covid-19 is not a respecter of persons, especially for our vulnerable clients.
How Does EGIS equip the Clients/Caregivers with Personal Protective Equipment?
- EGIS has taken ownership of supplying KN95/Surgical Masks for clients/caregivers/staff
- Management Office is closed to In-Person visits
- Starting March 16, 2020, EGIS closed management office to public to protect clients and staff.
What happens if a client or caregiver tests positive for COVID-19?
If one of our caregivers test positive for COVID 19, EGIS will follow the direction of NM Department of Health protocols.
EGIS will notify all family members and caregivers by our Care Managers. Isolation precautions would be followed and the patient’s condition would be monitored closely. Our management team will apprise the client’s family updates on his/her physical condition.