(Elders Getting Information and Services) grew out of a grassroots effort by a number
of Santa Feans interested in meeting the challenges of getting older. In 1998, Bill and Ginny
Cowles and Larry and Barbara Munson gathered a group of interested friends to form an
organization dedicated to helping seniors stay as independent as possible in their own home
has grown into a strong organization recognized for its expertise in navigating the
maze of health care decision-making and its knowledge of community resources. egis
cultivated a rich inventory of service providers to meet its member's needs.
What is Aging Life Care™ Management?
Care Management or Care Coordination is a holistic, client-centered approach to caring for older adults or others facing health challenges.
Who could benefit from Care management?
- ♥ Aging couples or individuals who need assistance to live independently
- ♥ Children concerned about parents with changing memory or health needs
- ♥ Seniors who wish to ease responsibility on family
- ♥ Seniors or family members who are overwhelmed with making decisions
- ♥ People with chronic conditions who need help with treatment coordination
- ♥ Individuals facing a medical emergency or with temporary needs like recovery from surgery
- ♥ People looking toward the future and planning for increasing needs